I bought a new size 10 crochet thread from Walmart which looked very pretty. I took no time to start this Spencer doily. As I started working with it I realized that this is not the right thread for tatting. So I decided to stop after completing four rounds only. I didn't liked the way it looked initially but after blocking it looked much better than before. So I must say it was an effort worth trying a new thread as a new tatter like me learns more about threads only by trying different options.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
I started to make a split ring bag but the design I chose required me to empty my shuttle at each and every ring to thread through the bead in between. Later I realized that it was too much work to finish one bag so I altered the pattern, made two rows of split ring long enough to fit around my arm and made chain around them. Now I like my new bracelet turned out to be. I am still to insert the lobster clasp on one end and then its ready to be worn.
Posted by Dr. Prabhjyot Saini at 1:15 PM